Prayers of the Holy Rosary
Blessed Batolo Longo, Apostle of the Rosary: pray for us.
I BELIEVE IN GOD, the Father almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father almighty. He shall come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
OUR FATHER, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
HAIL MARY, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
GLORY BE to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
O MY JESUS, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.
HAIL HOLY QUEEN, mother of mercy; our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us. And after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.
O GOD, WHOSE only-begotten Son by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life; grant, we beseech Thee, that by meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
St Michael, the Archangel, defend us in the day of battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
The Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary (Monday and Saturday)
1. The Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1: 26-38)
2. The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth (Luke 1: 39-56)
3. The Birth of Our Lord (Luke 2: 1-21)
4. The Presentation of Our Lord (Luke 2: 22-38)
5. The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple (Luke 2: 41-52)
The Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary (Tuesday and Friday)
1. The Agony of Our Lord in the Garden (Matt 26: 36-56)
2. Our Lord is Scourged at the Pillar (Matt 27: 26)
3. Our Lord is Crowned with Thorns (Matt 27: 27-31)
4. Our Lord Carries the Cross to Calvary (Matt 27: 32)
5. The Crucifixion of Our Lord (Matt 27: 33-56)
The Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary (Wednesday and Sunday)
1. The Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord (John 20: 1-29)
2. The Ascension of Our Lord (Luke 24: 36-53)
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2: 1-41)
4. The Assumption of Mary into Heaven*
5. The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth*
The Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary (Thursday)
1. The Baptism of Our Lord in the River Jordan(Matt 3: 13-16)
2. The Wedding at Cana, when Christ manifested Himself (John 2: 1-11)
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1: 14-5)
4. The Transfiguration of Our Lord (Matt 17: 1-8)
5. The Last Supper, when Our Lord gave us the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26)
Start: In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit; Amen.
Say the Creed.
Pray one Our Father for the Holy Father’s intentions.
Say three Hail Marys for an increase in the virtues of Faith Hope and Love.
Say one Glory be followed by the Fatima prayer (Oh my Jesus…)
For each mystery of the Holy Rosary say: One Our Father, Ten Hail Marys, one Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer. It is also good to meditate upon the mystery during these prayers.
After the five mysteries of the day say the Hail Holy Queen, the prayer after the Rosary (O God Whose..) and the Prayer to St Michael the Archangel. After this end with the sign of the cross.
* For more information about these two mysteries which will help prayerful focus see the book by Dr Scott Hahn: Hail, Holy Queen: The Mother of God in the Word of God.